Woodborough- Weekend Cook/Kitchen Assistant
Weekend Cook/Kitchen Assistant
Our fantastic Restaurant serves traditional cooked meals, homemade cakes and coffees.
We are looking for a Weekend Cook/Kitchen Assistant to follow instructions given by the Head Chef. You will be working on all kitchen duties in an extremely busy environment working sociable hours. The successful applicant will have previous experience and training in the food industry. In addition they will play an integral role and have the ability to work independently as well as supporting our catering team whilst remaining calm under pressure.
Your days of work will include Saturdays, Sundays and possibly Bank Holidays.
Key responsibilities & Skills:
- To follow all instructions given by the Head Chef
- Assists and participates in the preparation of a wide variety of foods
- Estimates food needs, reviews inventory to assure that adequate supplies are available, requisitions food and other supplies from stockroom.
- Receipt and storage of all provisions, fresh and frozen, in accordance with current food hygiene regulations including correct stock rotation and storage.
- Ensuring that all food is labelled clearly and correctly.
- Coordinates food service activities to have meals prepared at scheduled time.
- Participates in the cleaning of kitchen.
- Packages and freezes food to comply with health regulations.
- Operates all food service equipment and machinery.
- 28 days holidays per year (Pro-Rata)
- Fantastic discounts after 3 months
- Free Parking
Only applicants successfully shortlisted for interviews will be contacted
Contact Details - Whitehall Garden Centre Woodborough
Email Application forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Whitehall Garden Centre,
Telephone: 01672 851 249