Senior Events Assistant (Lacock)
Whitehall Garden Centre, a family run and award winning business since 1968 creates delightful experiences for garden lovers, foodies and children of all ages.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident and fun individual to help make our events special for both children and parents alike!!
You will be assisting the Events Manager with the organisation of all Whitehall's events, including our fantastic Easter Grotto, Summer Fairy & Dragon Grotto and Christmas Grotto through the year.
Previous experience is desirable, though more importantly, a passion for working with children is essential.
Days of work will be 5 days a week, to include weekends where needed.
Senior Event Assistants Responsibilities & Skills:
- To report to the Events Manager
- Assisting with the smooth running of Whitehall’s adult and children’s activities and events.
- Assisting the activities on a day to day basis and to co-ordinate a team of helpers with the minimum amount of disruption to the department.
- Liaise with department staff regarding various annual activities/events i.e. “Children’s planting weekends” ‘’Easter Activities’’ etc.
- Liaise with our Whitchurch and Woodborough Branch Events Team.
- Must enjoy working with Children.
- Dressing up may be required for this position if cover needed at any time.
- A forward thinking flexible willing person with drive and enthusiasm.
- To observe all relevant Health and Safety regulations.
- Ensure all the setting up of tables and chairs etc. has been arranged
- Tickets are distributed if required
- Liaise with department staff regarding activities and events
- To undertake such other duties as may reasonably be deemed appropriate from time to time
- Receives visitors, providing refreshments as required
- 28 days holidays per year (pro rata)
- Fantastic discounts after 3 months
- Free Parking
Only applicants successfully shortlisted for interviews will be contacted