Seasonal Department Assistant Manager – Garden Furniture / Christmas
Whitehall Garden Centre, a family run and award winning business since 1968 creates delightful experiences for garden lovers, foodies and children of all ages.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Lacock branch for a Retail Sales Assistant Manager to manage our fantastic Seasonal department reporting to the Seasonal Department Manager.
The ideal candidates will have retail knowledge and passion for customer service with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Excellent communication skills and great motivation are essential to create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
Sales Assistant Manager responsibilities & Skills:
- Sales opportunities are generated through interaction with customers, and use of Garden Furniture/Christmas knowledge
- Assistance and advice on selection of goods.
- Trolleys and baskets are always available to customers
- Co-operates fully with the Manager / Directors, purchase within the company product range and supplier listing.
- Feeding back on current and new products to optimise range and stock availability
- Maintains good control over stock levels, including accurate ordering and stock clearance in agreement with the Manager / Directors.
- Ensures that stock is cared for appropriately
- Controls wastage, damage and returns ensuring credit notes are raised where applicable.
- Overseeing Internet orders placed
- Maintain harmonious and cooperative relationships with staff, managers and third parties
- Undertakes and leads department stock taking, as deemed necessary by senior management team to maintain accuracy of stock files
- 28 days holidays per year (pro-rata)
- Fantastic discounts after 3 months
- Free Parking
Days of work over a 2 week rolling rota are as follows:
- Week 1, 6 days working with a rest day during the week
- Week 2, 4 days working with a rest day during the week plus rest days on Saturday and Sunday.