Gift Department Assistant Manager
Whitehall Garden Centre, a family run and award winning business since 1968 creates delightful experiences for garden lovers, foodies and children of all ages.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Lacock branch for a Retail Assistant Sales Manager to help manage our fantastic gift department.
The ideal candidates will have retail knowledge and passion for customer service with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Excellent communication skills and great motivation are essential to create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
Days of work over a 2 week rolling rota are as follows;
- Week 1, 6 days working with a rest day during the week
- Week 2, 4 days working with a rest day during the week plus rest days on Saturday and Sunday.
Sales Assistant Manager responsibilities & Skills:
- Actively participates in delivering the goals set out for the Gift/Leisure/Cookshop departments.
- Co-operate fully with line management and the buying team
- Raising PO’S on the EPOS system within the company product ranges set by the buying team
- Feedback on current and new product sales to optimise range and stock availability
- Maintain good control over stock levels and margins, including accurate reordering and stock clearance where necessary
- Close liaison with buying team to ensure we are optimising the range and stock availability
- Use initiative to increase sales in the Department, in collaboration with senior management/buying team
- Product information and price files kept up-to-date on the EPOS system
- Controls and records, wastage, damage and returns must all be recorded
- Assists with checking and authorising invoices for the department against PO’s and goods received notes
- Maintain harmonious and cooperative relationships with staff, managers and third parties
- Assists with department stock taking, as deemed necessary by senior management team to maintain accuracy of stock files
- 28 days holidays per year (pro-rata)
- Fantastic discounts after 3 months
- Free parking
Only applicants successfully shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.