Front of House Apprentice (Lacock)
Whitehall Garden Centre, a family run and award-winning business since 1968 creates delightful experiences for garden lovers, foodies and children of all ages.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of an inspirational team, working in our Lavender Lodge Tea Room & Herb Garden Restaurant. We require an apprentice with excellent communication skills and great motivation to create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
Full Time days of work over a 2 week rolling rota are as follows;
- Week 1, 6 days working with a rest day during the week
- Week 2, 4 days working with a rest day during the week plus rest days on Saturday and Sunday.
Job roles and responsibilities:
- Deliver excellent customer service, at all times
- Serve and present beverages quickly and efficiently
- Make customers aware of offers on our great food and drink range
- Maintain personal knowledge by completing in-house training
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures and licensing law
- Showing a genuine interest in other people and willingness to help
- Flexible approach to working hours whereby you may be requested to work various shifts in line with the needs of the business
- Displays effective verbal communication skills
- Helping in any area of the business when circumstances dictate
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety
- Minimum Entry GCSE grade E in Maths and English or equivalent
- All applicants will be required to pass initial assessments in Maths and English.
- May lead to permanent employment for the right candidate on completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider:
- The Competence and Knowledge Elements will be assessed in the workplace using evidence to build a portfolio.
- A mixture of on and off the job training provides a variety of learning opportunities across the whole programme.
Only applicants successfully shortlisted for interviews will be contacted