Chef - Full Time
Chef - Full Time
The award winning Orangery Restaurant serves traditional cooked meals, homemade cakes and coffees. Lavender Lodge is a vintage style tearoom, serves homemade cakes, afternoon teas, light lunches, brunch and a new menu for 2016.
We are looking for a Full Time Chef to work between the two Restaurants following instructions given by the Head Chef. You will be working on all kitchen duties in an extremely busy environment working sociable hours with alternate weekends off. The successful applicant will have previous experience and training in the food industry. In addition they will play an integral role and have the ability to work independently as well as supporting our catering team whilst remaining calm under pressure.
Your days of work will include working 4 days between Monday to Friday every week and alternate weekends finishing at 5:00 pm on early shifts or 8:00 pm on late shifts. Bank Holidays are required.
Ensure the highest possible standard of hygiene is practiced and maintained by the entire kitchen brigade to meet Health & Safety regulations and food preparation guidelines –
Chef Key responsibilities & Skills:
- To follow all instructions given by the Head Chef
- Assists and participates in the preparation of a wide variety of foods
- Estimates food needs, reviews inventory to assure that adequate supplies are available, requisitions food and other supplies from stockroom.
- Receipt and storage of all provisions, fresh and frozen, in accordance with current food hygiene regulations including correct stock rotation and storage. Ensuring that all food is labelled clearly and correctly.
- Coordinates food service activities to have meals prepared at scheduled time.
- Participates in the cleaning of kitchen.
- Packages and freezes food to comply with health regulations.
- Operates all food service equipment and machinery.
- 28 days holidays per year
- Fantastic discounts after 3 months
- Free Parking
Only applicants successfully shortlisted for interviews will be contacted