Assistant Catering Operations Manager
Whitehall Garden Centres, is a family run and award winning destination centre appealing to all ages
Working under the Catering Operations Manager you will be responsible for the day to day smooth running of our award winning Olive Tree Restaurant, Lavender Lodge Tea Room & Bistro and during Christmas trading Ice Cafe.
As Assistant Catering Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing and motivating staff, ensuring a high level of customer service at all times and assist with the day-today running of the Restaurants. You must have experience in assisting to manage a team within the Restaurant industry and be familiar with high volume catering whilst understanding and implementing Health & Safety standards.
Your days of work will include working 4 days between Monday to Friday every week and alternate weekends. Bank Holidays are required.
Good Salary Package available for the right candidate.
Days & Hours of work
- Your days of work will include working 4 days between Monday to Friday every week and alternate weekends. Bank Holidays are required.
Key Responsibilities & Skills:
- Team members are coached and trained using the appropriate tools and resources
- Creative ideas are discussed with the Catering Manager & Directors
- Excellence of customer service provided by staff
- Processes in place to obtain and respond to customer feedback
- Excellent standards of food preparation and housekeeping established and maintained
- All team members fully understand their job role
- Training needs identified and communicated to the Catering Manager /Directors/HR Manager
- Performance / disciplinary issues communicated to Catering Manager /Directors/HR Manager
- All Company and statutory procedures and requirements are adhered to
- Health and safety checks are carried out in accordance with statutory requirements and Company policy
- HACCP, Food Safety Act, Food Safety Regulations
- Assisting with staff rota’s around operational needs, paying particular attention to peak trading periods
- Resourcing issues communicated to the Catering Manager /Directors/HR Manager
- Assistance and support offered to colleagues
- Safeguard Company property against theft, loss or abuse, and investigate all security issues
- All staff are briefed regularly regarding security and are trained to be vigilant and aware at all times
- Loss and damage to stock is investigated and minimised
- Ensure correct till and discount procedures are carried out in line with Company procedures. Staff adhere to voids, refunds, etc
- All reported cash discrepancies are investigated
- Confidential information will be kept in accordance with Data Protection Act
- 28 days holidays per year (pro-rata)
- Fantastic discounts after 3 months
- Free Parking
Only applicants successfully shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.